We dive right into some great listener responses first and then discuss 2 of the 5 solas of the Protestant Reformation: Sola Fide ('by Faith Alone') and Sola Gratia ('Grace Alone').
The claims Rome makes for herself can be shown to be false. Two big reasons why Rome cannot be the one true church:
- Justification. They teach dogma directly contrary to the essential elements of the gospel.
- History. Many historical examples are contra Rome’s claims about papal authority/infallibility.
*WE EVEN SNEAK IN A RAP SONG WRITTEN AND PERFORMED LIVE BY MARTIN LUTHER HIMSELF!
Special Guest: former Roman Catholic Jason Walsh
*What is the New Perspective on Paul?
*Why is it important?
*Who are the key figures in the field?
*What is Second Temple Judaism?
*How does the historical study of Palestinian Judaism play into all this?
*How does this affect our understanding of the doctrine of justification?
Special Guest: Pastor Lawrence Garcia of Academia Church
Here are the topics we cover on The New Perspective on Paul:
- The meaning of the righteousness of God.
- The meaning of Justification.
- The imputation of Christ's righteousness.
- Have we misunderstood 2nd temple Judaism?
- Have we been getting the Gospel wrong for 2000 years?
- What practical impact does this new view have?
Special Guest: Pastor Jeff Durbin
*You'll have to listen to the show to see where we got the title from.